Yummly Button

Yum

Monday, July 7, 2008

Spicy Broccoli & Almond Side Dish

Spicy Broccoli & Almond Side Dish

First off I must say how much I love zip lock steam bags. Not only are they fast but no dirty pan to clean at the end. So I suggest when they are on sale stock up. I use them for everything and so will you 

Bunch of fresh broccoli
Bag of Almond Accents Garlic flavored
Pinch of Mandy’s blackened spice
Pinch of fresh grated parmesan

Well that’s about it. In case I left anything out here it goes. Trim the fresh broccoli to desired length. I leave only about ¼” of the steam. Rinse and place into the zip lock steam bag. Add a dash of Mandy’s blackened, seal and shake. Place in the microwave for the amount of time that is on the bag. Mine calls for about 3.5 minutes. As soon as they are down add as much Almonds as you like. I put in about ¼ of the bag of Almonds. Add a few pinches of parmesan and resell the bag and shake. Serve quickly thereafter. AWESOME.
Time 5 minutes tops

Check out
Broccoli $2.00
Fresh parmesan $3.00
Almonds Accents $2.00
Pinch of Mandy’s blackened on hand

No comments: